Unleash the Love

Friday, January 25, 2013

David's 2012 Favorites, Part 1: "Heaven" by the Walkmen

Porter put me to shame with his top 10 list and his nifty Spotify playlist. While I listened to a lot of music in 2012, his list made me realize just how little NEW music I discovered last year. So I'm skipping the full top-10 format, but I'll highlight -- in no particular order -- a few of my favorite songs from 2012.

First up is the title track from the latest Walkmen record. "Heaven" knocked me out more than any other Walkmen song since "The Rat" from 2004. Nice video, too:



posted by David

The official blog of the Layaways. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.

Listen to the Layaways on Spotify or Pandora.

recent posts
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #1: "Pyra...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #2: "Offs...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #2.5 "Ele...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #3: "The ...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #4: "Woul...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #5: "Deer...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #6: "Lock...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #7: "Wet ...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #8: "Lith...
Porter's Top Ten Tunes of Twenty Twelve, #9: "I Bo...

archives
January 2013
February 2013
May 2013
April 2020